This notice contains:
- the nature of the personal information processed;
- the purposes and legal bases for the processing of personal information (Article 13.1.c and 13.1.d of the Regulation);
- identity and contact details of the data controller (Article 13.1.a and 13.1.b of the Regulation);
- any third parties involved in the processing activities (Article 13.1.e and 13.1.f of the Regulation);
- storage period for the personal information (Article 13.2.a of the Regulation);
- the nature of providing the data and the consequences of refusal (Article 13.2.e of the Regulation);
- the privacy rights of users (Article 13.2.b, 13.2.c and 13.2.d of the Regulation).
The Data Controller is DESMA HEALTHCARE S.p.a. which has offices at Via Cavour 70, 27035 Mede (PV).
TYPES OF DATA PROCESSED, LEGAL BASIS AND PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING
The website collects some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected to be associated with identified data subjects, but by its very nature it could enable identifying the user through processing and associations with data held by third parties. This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the user to connect to the website, URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier) of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response by the server (success, error, etc.) and other parameters related to the operating system and the user's computer environment. These data are used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the website and to check its correct functioning. The data could be used to ascertain liability in the event of computer crimes against the website.
What are cookies
Cookies are small text strings that the Site sends to the user's device, where information is memorized for various
purposes. In particular, cookies allow the Site to recognize users on subsequent visits or enable other websites to
recognize such users for particular purposes.
What kind of cookies the Site uses
The Site uses various types of cookies for different purposes:
- Technical cookies
Technical cookies are cookies enabling users to browse on the Site or to enjoy its basic features. These cookies are
installed automatically on the user device by the Site as a result of the user’s access to the Site and do not require any
specific consent by the user. Indeed, consent is not required by the law if and when a cookie is:
- Used for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication; and
- Strictly necessary in order for the provider of a digital service explicitly required by the user to provide that service.
Technical cookies used by the Site include:
- Navigation cookies: to ensure the normal browsing and use of the Site, through different options or services;
- Functional cookies: to save user preferences and facilitate the browsing experience based on a set of selected criteria
(for example, language, browser type, etc.).
The Site also collects the IP address or any other identifying information on the user device that is necessary in order to
manage the Site, diagnose server problems and meet other lawful purposes.
Disabling technical cookies may limit the ability of users to browse the Site and to enjoy its features or the services
- Other cookies
All cookies other than technical cookies are installed or activated only if previous consent by “opt-in” is given by users.
On their first visit to the Site, users are shown a cookie banner on the screen or interface. This banner will disappear once
the user has accepted or refused the cookies used on the Site.
Opt-in may be expressed in a general way, for instance by closing the banner, or by clicking the OK button, or by scrolling
the page or clicking on any of its elements; opt-in can be also provided in a selective way.
Opt-in given by users is tracked and recorded in order to make their next visits to the Site more effective. However, users
can always revoke all or part of the consents previously given.
The non-technical cookies used by the Site are third-party cookies: cookies set up on the user’s device by a domain or
website distinct from the Site. Third party cookies are implemented by marketing vendors and partners of the Site by the
means of third party tags. The Site does not control such cookies.
The Site does not have any access or control over cookies or other tracking technology used by third parties accessible by
the Site and cannot ensure compliance of third parties with the applicable privacy law.
- Retargeting cookies: these cookies allow third-parties to send advertising to users who have previously visited the Site.
This is a list of retargeting cookies (it includes a link to more information on suchcookies and the instructions on how to
manage user consent):
- Analytical cookies: these cookies are collected by third parties, in individual or aggregated form, in order to collect
information on the number of users and on how they visit the website, such as information on which pages or sections
are most viewed. This is a list of analytical cookies (it includes a link to pages with more information on such cookies and
the instructions on how to manage user consent):
Data provided voluntarily by the user
The optional, explicit and free sending of messages using the "Contact us" service on the website or sending e-mails to the company's address involves subsequently obtaining the sender's address, which is necessary to respond to requests, as well as any other personal data included in the request. The legal basis for this processing is Article 6.1.b of the Regulation, that is, taking steps at the request of the user.
Newsletters and marketing communications
The user can voluntarily choose to receive newsletters and marketing communications. The website requests the user’s explicit and free consent before undertaking such promotional initiatives and may ask the user for additional information in order to create personalised and more relevant communications. The user can always easily withdraw his/her consent, which is the legal basis for this processing (Article 6.1.a of the Regulation), by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of such email or by contacting our Customer service.
SHARING AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The controller may transfer the user’s personal data to third parties qualified as data processors to carry out technical or commercial transactions necessary to perform the services connected with the best management of the website (for example couriers and postal operators; advertising, commercial and social media agencies; IT service providers; payment service providers; customer support service providers). In such cases, data communication is essential in order to satisfy the contractual commitments and to improve website performance. The controller ensures that processors manage data in an appropriate and secure manner through data processing agreements. The user can request a list of processors by emailing the controller. In addition, the controller may be required to share the user's personal data when required by the law or by an order of a public authority or to protect its rights or rights of third parties. The controller does not transfer the data outside the European Union.
There are specific security measures to prevent loss of data and their unlawful or incorrect use and unauthorised access.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The controller stores personal data for the time necessary to provide the requested services to the user or to perform legal or tax obligations or for the minimum period required by the law. In order to determine the appropriate period for storing personal data saved by the website subject to the user’s consent, the controller also takes into consideration the following criteria: the specific purposes set out in the information notice for which the website stores personal information; the type of relationship with the user (how often the user accesses his/her account, whether the user makes requests by contact forms, whether the user continues to receive newsletters or marketing communications; how regularly the user browses the website etc.); any specific request by the user to erase their data or withdraw consent; the legitimate commercial interest of the controller. The website will promptly delete or make anonymous any personal data whose storage is no longer necessary pursuant to the law.
THE RIGHTS OF USERS
The user has the right to receive confirmation regarding existence of his/her personal data processed by the controller.
In such instances, pursuant to the Regulation, the user is entitled to:
- be informed of the collection and use of his/her personal information;
- access his/her personal information without cost;
- have imprecise or incomplete personal information rectified or completed;
- have personal information erased;
- under specific conditions, have personal information limited or erased;
- obtain and reuse their personal information for their own purposes among different services when the processing is based on an agreement or on consent and is carried out automatically ("the right to data portability");
- under specific conditions, object to the processing of personal information;
- make complaints regarding the collection and processing of personal information to the competent Supervisory authority;
- revoke consent to the processing of personal data at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing carried out until such time on the basis of the revoked consent.
Users can contact the Site for any enquiry and to exercise their privacy rights at the following email address: email@example.com
AMENDMENTS TO THE INFORMATION NOTICE
Any amendments to this information notice will be published on the website. The user is invited to check for any updates or changes.